Do you live in Massachusetts but need a change of pace, a new place to work remotely, or an extended staycation? From out of state and looking for a change of scene?
Our 11-bedroom, historic Salem sea merchant’s home is available for weekly rentals* for your family or small group.
The Merchant’s name pays homage to Joshua Ward, the post-Revolutionary War sea merchant and privateer who commissioned the stunning federal-style building for his home in the mid 18th century. Located in the heart of downtown Salem, yet in a private setting, our boutique hotel offers large, luxurious guest rooms that retain much of the original woodwork and exquisite detail while offering the best of upscale design and sophisticated amenities—including heated bathroom floors, gas fireplaces, plush linens, USB charging outlets, and LED televisions with Apple TV.
Built by acclaimed 18th-century architect Samuel McIntire, the property hosted president Washington in 1789 and lived many lives as a private home, a tavern, an office building, and a rare book shop. The Merchant was fully restored before becoming the home of our Salem boutique hotel today, and all of our small city’s sights, sounds, and tastes are within a short stroll of our front door.
Let us welcome your family or small group at The Merchant and help you escape your ordinary and enjoy the journey.
Weekly* stay package includes:
- 11 bedrooms and suites with private baths
- Indoor and outdoor (weather permitting) common areas to relax and settle in
- Grab-n-go breakfast included for each day of stay and curated list of local restaurants offering takeout and delivery services—add contact-free catering services for a special dinner or daily meals (contact property for pricing)
- Daily concierge services, including pick-up and delivery of groceries
- Optional daily cleaning of common spaces and fresh amenities delivered to your guest room doors (cleaning products and protocols meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens)
Pricing starts at $16,500/week.
Please call (978) 745-8100 or email email@example.com for more information on whole-house rental.
*Effective August 1, 2020, all visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts (except those visiting from a lower-risk state designated by the MA Department of Public Health) must follow new travel orders. These include the mandatory completion of the Massachusetts Travel Form prior to arrival, and either quarantining for 14 days or producing a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts. All of our guests are required to follow these orders, and, upon booking, attest to having completed the form and following MA state protocol.